Thursday, July 22, 2010

Toothpaste Thursday

Today I was lucky enough to come across a wide variety of free sample organic products. (Don't fret or be envious, I am going to share it all with YOU- virtually of course :-)

Today I am going to focus on the toothpaste, because well, not much has excited me since the arrival of my first ever passport!!

Our lovely friends at Burt's Bees make an organic, all natural toothpaste - not just for you but ALSO SPECIFICALLY targeted for KIDDIES! YAYYY! Lollipops and sunshine all around!

So, let me tell you about the two products I sampled today:

For Mama:
Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste- Multi care with fluoride - peppermint flavor.....
It was in a word - groovy. I spoke to a few "green" folk and they highly recommend that as an adult, you use a fluoride toothpaste - because well none of us wants that "not-so-fresh-feeling" and we want to keep and retain both our teeth and our friends!
Retail price for this is about 5.00 but please visit the site for a 1.00 off coupon or a free sample.
Yay, we love BB!

For Kiddies:
Burt's Bees Natural Toothpaste for Kids - Fluoride Free- berry bee flavor (with plaque fighting cranberry extract)
Comment from the six year old - "I like it!"
Face from the three year old - not so thrilled but didn't gag, throw up, attempt to run or leave the scene, he did continue brushing so me thinks he'll get used to it and over it and use it.

After all, I've read up on the Spongebob and Barbie Toothpastes and those folks are putting DYE IN THE TOOTHPASTE. Seriously people! How does the FDA approve this crap????!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of those meetings!

Now, you might be asking- Green & Healthy Mom- Where does one purchase this and are there other options?

Why of course I have that answer, or it wouldn't be Toothpaste Thursday. (Also I love that they have a whitening formula!)

Click here to find out where Burt's Bees Products are sold.

Click here for Tom's of Maine alternatives (taste test pending, check back next Thursday!)

Enjoy!

No comments: