Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Those Vampires From Eclipse Might Really Have Something ....

Ok, so the issue with the Twilight characters is that they don't eat anything at
all. The "good ones" are kind of like vegetarians in that they only feast on
animal blood and not human. What is my point and my odd comparison? I am getting
there.
Trying to avoid red meat and find other protein sources besides meat to satisfy craving and nutrition
is similar to our old friends The Vampires.

I know you are thinking or saying the following:

"But... I have a picky eater and she only likes meatballs!" Switch to turkey
meatballs my friend!

"My son is addicted to chicken nuggets" Give him Perdue whole grain nuggets and
keep offering alternatives.

What are some good high protein alternatives?

Unprocessed cheese - try Babybel or Laughing Cow. Let him pick the crackers and
serve with grapes. OR - make a quesadilla!! Don't ask, just make it and put in
front of them. Tell him or her its a rollup!

Endamame in the shell - taking the little beans out are half the fun.

Hummus dip with pretzles- what's not to love?

"But my kid loves Hot Dogs" (so do I little Joey!)- try the Applegate Farm
Organic Unprocessed Hot Dogs- they are actually pretty good and even my husband
agrees!
Keep in mind, these are beef so use sparingly!

2 comments:

Kate @ Gardening and Gardens said...

Great ideas! I have a very picky eater... I will try some of these.

Anonymous said...

My 2.7 year old loves the options you mentioned, Babybel cheese, turkey meatballs, and Hummus dip. Now, I'll try the Perdue whole grain nuggets! Thanks!