Friday, July 2, 2010

Fruit Snacks and Dye - Oh My!

Fruit Snacks. The bane of my existence. I cannot buy a box without my son going nuts and torturing me on END for more of them.
Being that I was on a mission to cut out High Fructose Corn Syrup, I began to do what all healthy moms start to do - read the ingredients on the box.

There's just no way around it. If you want to be healthy, it's a must.

I started with the dreaded HFCS and noticed there wasn't any (yay) - however what these tasty crack like snacks do have is.... DYE!
Oh yes, DYE is not good for kids. It's terrible. I think it like stains your kidneys or something.

So, I did search through some products and here are some healthy fruit snack alternatives.
Two products were found at Target, and one at good ol' Trader Joes!

Enjoy and let me know what your little one had to say!

Annie's Homegrown Berry Patch Organic Fruit Snacks
(comes in bunny shapes!)

Florida's Natural Brand Fruit Snacks

Trader Joes Pick O' the Day: Trader Joe's Fruity Flakes (yummerific!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We like the "Simply Fruit" Fruit Roll-Ups. They are made with no dyes or anything, are 90% fruit juice, and . . . the kids ALL adore them! I can usually find them at Target.

Anonymous said...

Check out www.yumyumsnacks.com. They have some great health and organic snack choices that my kids LOVE!