Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Heat wave and chemical free!

Sunscreen again! Yes, and here's why. It's important and a huge issue that the FDA hasn't yet determined how cancer causing our sunscreens might be. Yes, that is what they are saying. In fact, it might be less cancerous to just get burned and deal with it after.

This is why I stared this blog in the first place - I am outraged!

Thankfully, there are companies out there doing something about it and here is a great find from our friends at Sephora, who have a "green label". Special shout out to my BFF Jessica for the big find:

Lavanila Laboratories have a line of skin care products that are all wihtout the following harmful chemicals that are in regular sunscreens:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan


What in the fudge is Triclosan - and am I putting this on my kids body- really?
Get me to Sephora at once!

See more skincare items at Sephora that are "free" of harmful agents here.

For Mommy and Baby!

No comments: