Sunday, July 4, 2010

Go Paraben-Free With Us!

Just the other day, I was reading an article that severely changed my life.
It was about Parabens and how they are known carcinogens and in EVERYTHING, especially things that we put on and use with our children.

In an effort to be Paraben-Free, I did a little research and have switched to the following products.
Target sells two shampoo/body soaps that I've tried-

"Say Yes to Baby Carrots" - Gentile Foaming Shampoo and Body Wash
"Burts Bee's Baby Bee Shampoo and Body Wash"

Now, I will not lie, they work OK at best.
For a body wash, they are just fine.
If you use it as shampoo and you have a girl with longer hair, it's not great.
Boys with their little peach fuzz hair is fine.

I will use this as shampoo on the girl only if she's kind of between cleanings. (You know, she had a good scrubbing of the hair the day before and is just kind of taking a bath just to wash off some body grime but her hair is pretty OK and I am just throwing this in for good measure and a mommy medal)

Anyone else try products -let us know.
You can be a guest blogger if you write a great review!

Here are some additional resources if you'd like to read more on the matter, and go paraben free yourself (parabens- not just harmful to kids!)










1 comment:

Aimee said...

Hugo Naturals has a good baby line. It is paraben free, not tested on animals, doesn't have any of the other bad chemicals in it, is organic and is made of food grade ingredients (which is good since my daughter "tasted" the lotion the other day). We use the bar soap, liquid body soap/shampoo (for her hair), and the baby hugo naturals lotion. She has super sensitive skin that breaks into a dry sort of rash with other products but has done well with this one. We get it at Whole foods but you can also get it online. I use the adult body wash and lotion myself and they smell yummy.