Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Eating & Pesticide Free

So, summer's here (if you are in the North East you may want to throw your computer after reading this as if you don't know) ... and fruits are very refreshing and flowing in my house.

Due to the fact that we are in summer and still in a recession of sorts, I wanted to address the "organic is expensive" concerns.
Yes, Virgina, it is!

However, with this handy dandy guide, I hope you can navigate your way through the produce aisle and feel free.

These are the top ten items you should try to buy organic- if you can! The rest you can just buy regularly. Now, please keep in mind, if junior eats 7 pints of blueberries a week, then buy those! Someone once said on the Dr.Oz show that it really depends on the AMOUNTS you eat of any one item. So, use this as a guide but also use your noggin for best results!

* Peaches
* Apples
* Sweet Bell Peppers
* Celery
* Nectarines
* Strawberries
* Cherries
* Lettuce
* Grapes (Imported)
* Pears
* Spinach
* Potatoes

Editor's Note: I have this list on my home bulletin board and it varies a bit but this list was taken from www.babyzone.com as I am always making sure I monetize my organic well!

No comments: