Monday, July 19, 2010

Today's Topic : Pajamas! Did you know this...

Sometimes I will hear something and kind of ignore it - because if we really sit down and review every single thing that has chemicals or is dangerous, we can go quite nuts.

But this one seems to be a re-occurring theme that just keeps popping up and I had to stop and address it.

Flame resistant pajamas - which are a must if you have an infant- are bad for your kids!
As the article here puts it (click now)....why would we put our kids in something to sleep for 12-18 hours awhile it's emitting a chemical that their tiny lungs are breathing in?? I am totally paraphrasing but I am really angry that I've gone out of my way for these types of pajamas to learn that they are dangerous!!

So, what's a mom to do? Natural, cotton, organic pjs that are SNUG fitting are the alternative.

I am kind of sad because it takes the fun out of some of the pjs we own, but it's totally not worth it.

What will you do? Heed the warning or push it out of your brain?

1 comment:

Mike Grant said...

You're going the right way - snug, natural or organic cotton PJs. Honestly, some of these flame-resistant standards seem silly. I wanted to get my kids looser PJs - like the ones I might wear - but they don't exist. (Oddly, my loose-fitting PJs have never turned me into a ball of fire.)
While you're thinking of PJs, think also about mattress and blankets. Some of the things regulated into law in the name of "safety" are far worse than the conditions they aim to improve!
(For the record, I do not sell apparel or mattresses...)