Thursday, July 1, 2010

Organic, Low-sugar Drinks for Kids

I am a tea drinker. Hot tea in the middle of the summer? Yes please. Ice tea? Yes please. Love tea.
When I first tried the Honest brand of ice teas, I really did feel like I tasted and found a little piece of Heaven.

What's not to think etherally of?

Low sugar- about half of what they put in a Snapple and no fake sweeteners.

THEN, throw in for good measure that it's ORGANIC.
I was totally sold.

Skip ahead a year or so and I happen to find, on a bottom shelf of a supermarket - "the holy grail".

Organic, low sugar juice boxes for kids, made by that same lovely company-- Honest-- in great kid flavors like grape and lemonade!

The downside, if there has to be one, is the cost. Heaven don't come cheap. The ice tea can be 1.69 a bottle and I think 8 juice boxes are 4.00, so I do not buy them all the time, but I do throw them in the mix for a little good measure.
One more downside is the way you put the straw in....it's not easy or conventional, however my kids DO LOVE the taste.

I have also found these at Target, for you lovers out there. As my daughter once said "You really can buy everything at Target".

Indeed Meg.

Since the post title is Organic low-sugar drinks, I do need to mention one other great find.
Again, had me almost jumping up and down in the aisles. Trader Joe's puts out an organic "low calorie" - which is really just half the sugar - LEMONADE.

I mean, I wanted to go find Mr. Joe, the trader by profession, and all out HUG HIM. He's the greatest, really. Corporate companies, take note: this is what we need. Cut out at least half the sugar and you don't need to be organic, so you can save there, but just cut out some of this crappola!

Total great find.

No comments: