Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Shopping Green

If you've been reading this blog, you might be wondering "Green, Healthy, Organic Mom - how do I shop for green products? I am short on time and need to have this info at my finger tips!"

Well today's post is dedicated to cosmetic and body product shopping.

Here are some tips.
If you can afford it, I personally like Target and Fairway for organic products such as body soap, shampoo, conditioner, creams, etc. Burt's Bees is sold at most drug stores and is an excellent brand for kids.

Now, if you are looking for yourself - look no further than your local T.J. Maxx and Marshalls because wowser, they have a ton. I found paraben-free exfoliant for three dollars, hand creams, shampoos, hand soaps and household cleaning items for way under ten dollars each (and sometimes under five!)

Also, I love Sephora's site for easy shopping - they brand their items with the "Naturally Organic" green seal.

Check back tomorrow for an updated post on "how to shop in the supermarket". What are you talking about Green Mom - is there an actual method? Why yes, there is.....

No comments: