Friday, August 6, 2010

Plates and Cups and "Good recycle numbers"

Borrowed this poem from Parents Magazine.

5, 4, 1 and 2 ....all the rest are bad for you!
(Keep above - toss the rest!)

A few of my friends and I were discussing plates, cups and general feeding items for our kids.
There is a ton of crap out there, and if you put it in the microwave or dishwasher, you are doubling your exposure to bpa and other chemicals because the heat causes it to seep out.

I personally use a set from IKEA that safe mama posted about a very long time ago.


Now if your kid is character crazy.... have no fear Zak designs has you covered.
Zak boasts the following

Each and every Zak product meets or exceeds all state, federal and international regulations regarding PVC, BPA and Lead contents and are unquestionably safe. Parents can be assured that any Zak children's product featuring artwork of today's most popular children's characters contains no BPA.


I am not suggesting that our government is the best source to trust but at least I feel better about their products - than someone that I have not heard of. They have a "commitment to child safety" philosophy so I might check them out.


Keep in mind that dollar store items often have lead in them and goodness knows what else.

I ban those from my house.


So, it's Friday, get out your stuff, check the recycle numbers and dump anything that is questionable.


Write soon....see more info here!


1 comment:

Kate said...

My 4 year old loves to look for the recycle numbers on the bottom of plastic. it makes it a fun activity!