Sunday, August 1, 2010

New! Johnson's Natural Baby Shampoo and Wash!

Special Sunday Edition!

I was perusing the safer child products in my local Target and passed this one up but then came back to it. See, Johnson's and Johnson's has been selling paraben soaps for years and years so they are banned from my house. But, I noticed a slight change to the packaging and noticed only THESE products were in with the rest of the organic products so I picked one up and read the ingredients (which is a mom's best defense).

Johnson's is now putting out 98% natural products that are more cost friendly than a California baby or Burt's Bee's wash. They have a baby shampoo and a head to toe foaming wash as well as lotion. (4.99 for 10 oz)

Upon reading the labels, I learned that there are no parabens (yay), or dyes but I do wonder what some of the other items in the product are. There is also "fragrance" which is not necessary since my kids emit a natural sweet scent - especially when cuddling and being good.

The packaging (the bottles) claim to be made out of 60% post-cosumer recycled material and they encourage you to recycle.

My heart is warm.

These products will be used this evening and I'll let you know how they perform but so far they had me at "no parabens".....

I am off to do some research on sulfates because I believe I heard that these were "not good" and I am assuming that it's the 2% that is not natural.

If you want more info on these products click here.

I am glad that a big huge conglomerate company like J & J is finally doing something smart and responsible. I just hope that more follow!

Happy Sunday indeed!

No comments: