Monday, August 1, 2011

Great Beach Craft

I love the beach! I also love crafts! Last summer I had clipped an article on a great beach craft, courtesy of parenting.com and was unable to use it because my beach didn't have any rocks that would fit the bill. I couldn't even buy the rocks needed at Michael's because they weren't large and flat.

Fast forward to Sunday, when the McAs arrived late - way past high tide and discovered a very rocky shore. Collecting the rocks kept the kids busy and happy, as well as the anticipation of the craft to come.

When we got home, we picked out our favorites, got down the Earth's Best Organic Alphabet Letters (I know- we aren't even eating them!) and went to work painting the letters and the rocks and then gluing it all together and the result was......personalized paper weights or just fun rocks! You can use two rocks and put them together as with Meg's idea for "I love Mommy".... was great fun for all! See photo of the finished product here! Happy crafting!

No comments: