Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beach Crafts: Part Two

After we painted the beach rocks and adorned with our names....I had a lot of left over rocks that I needed to do something with.
In fact, we had a whole bag full, so I had to think of another use.

Then, it came to me.

I scoured Target and Michael's for large and cheap glass vases.
I found two for less than three dollars (one large at Target, one medium at Michaels)

The kids carefully placed the rocks inside and whalla- we now have a great dining room centerpiece that also keeps the tablecloth in place!

I STILL have rocks left over and after I emptied and ate a jar of artichokes, I filled up that glass jar and used for the deck tablecloth that is always blowing away.

Later that night, after looking up "beach crafts" on google.com, I found a site that simply discussed the benefits of having nature and rocks around. Apparently it's very grounding and peaceful for your mind to look at. Well... bonus!

Just a few more left over... if anyone has any other ideas let me know! Was thinking of getting yet another shape vase and putting next to my bed. Since above finding, what's better than waking up to nature??!!

No comments: