Thursday, October 13, 2011

Your Soul Is Important Too

We all go through “stuff” and that “stuff” differs for each person. Life throws at us many curves, and many opportunities to learn from. I will admit that I think I get more stuff than others, because some people do seem to live the “charmed life” but a friend of mind told me that perhaps it’s just that I didn’t learn my lesson in a past life and now I am here do it over and get it right (so to speak).

That resonated with me in a big way, and since then, I have been on a journey. This journey is very spiritual and has me doing a ton of homework in my “spare time”.

Who am I? Why do I react the way I do? Why do I wind up the same situations over and over again? What do I say to myself? What kind of energy do I bring to the table?

Soul searching is different for everyone. Some might be on a journey to help them simply get past a difficult situation and some stay on that journey for a lifetime - constantly evolving and figuring out how one works.

What I realized while going through some of this is that I really have no idea who I am or what I want but I have identified what I don’t want. But yet, I keep attracting it.

This is where things get confusing for me. There are so many different voices inside of us. We all have egos, we have an inner wounded child, we have belief systems and we have our true self. Not to mention, we have outside forces constantly telling us who we are or how we should react. The true self is really what I am trying to figure out and nurture.

How did I start my journey?

Awareness.

You first need to be aware of your feelings, what feels good, what does not, and then start to figure out why.

As people who know me can attest to, if I have a problem I look for a book. There are so so so many great books out there and I can’t tell you how many I have read but recently this book “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle has intrigued me. Understanding your ego is huge in figuring out who you are and are not.

Also, I am actively participating in Oprah’s Soul Series. These shows each have a theme premiere every night at 8pm on the OWN network and we are in day four (including tonight’s broadcast) and there is an accompanying web show that you can listen to you as you work or as you take care of the kids.

So, if you feel, like I have “what is this all about, why am I here and why do I act the way I do?”… then come on a journey with me.

Being healthy is not just about feeding your body the right foods, you also have to feed your soul.

Also, try asking yourself this “What if you weren’t afraid, then what would you do?”

Blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Job Pedro said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because lifebecame meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, thesymptoms became very severe and bold and made my familyrun from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gaveup everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because thedoctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs butthey never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me makingit worse. I was doing some research online someday when Icame across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhotacured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thoughtit was a joke but later decided to contact him on the detailsprovided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent mehis herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after twoweeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptomsdisappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I wasNEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DREbhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep ontelling the world about you. If you are going through samesituation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota viadrebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus