Monday, May 16, 2011

Healthy Cereals

Hello Moms and Faithful Readers!

Today I came across a great article that I wanted to share with you and it's all about cereal.
Though I try to make whole wheat pancakes and eggs as much as I can, by Thurs and Friday cereal is where it's at!

Since the usual kids brands are packed with sugar and other chemicals, I am always looking for healthy alternatives.

Real Simple (click here) has a great article here on good choices with no high fructose corn syrup. You have to look a bit closer at the boxes to see which ones have other chemicals absent but it's definitely a start!


Also, as a side note, since my kids LOVE marshmallows... I followed up on this brand: Three Sisters Marshmallow Oaties. Sold at Whole Foods, it claims to be all natural with no dyes!
I will be making a trip there this week to try this claim out.

Also a few of the brands are environmentally friendly and are packaged in re-sealable bags cutting down on the excess cardboard. (Note to all cereal companies - this is BRILLIANT and you should adapt at once. Anyone remember how CDs used to be packaged?? Member those???)

No comments: